Eastern tent caterpillar eggs have begun hatching well ahead of last year's schedule, and the egg hatch is expected to be completed by the first full week of March, University of Kentucky officials said Feb. 29.
Researchers have not pinpointed the cause of Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome, but on Tuesday night they gave Central Kentucky farm managers some proactive steps in hopes of preventing its effects next year.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat Wants 'Pharoah' to Run in Travers
- Honor Code Favored in Sparkling Whitney Field
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- NYRA Reports Strong Handle Early at Saratoga
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Two Paths Toward Integrity
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 18 Frankel Yearlings in Tattersalls Sale