Eastern tent caterpillar eggs have begun hatching well ahead of last year's schedule, and the egg hatch is expected to be completed by the first full week of March, University of Kentucky officials said Feb. 29.
Researchers have not pinpointed the cause of Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome, but on Tuesday night they gave Central Kentucky farm managers some proactive steps in hopes of preventing its effects next year.
Most Popular Stories
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%