Margaret Burlingham's Saint Leon led from gate to wire to earn a repeat victory in the Arlington Sprint July 6 at Arlington Park. E. T. Baird rode the Michele Boyce-trained son of Stravinsky who scored by a head over Hogy.
Tajaaweed may have not had the best trip in the Oct. 8 Shadwell Turf Mile (gr. IT), where he finished sixth, but the son of Dynaformer looks poised and ready for a rebound in the Nov. 19 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Favored Yummy With Butter, ridden with procession by Paco Lopez, made it consecutive grade III wins on the Monmouth Park turf with a 3 1/4-length tally in the $100,500 Cliff Hanger Stakes Sept. 4.
Dean's Kitten, owned by Ken and Sarah Ramsey, has been installed as the lukewarm 7-2 morning line favorite in the $150,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT). Eight 3-year-olds were entered in the 1 1/8-mile turf event.
Donegal Racing's Paddy O'Prado earned his first grade I win in the $400,000 Secretariat Stakes, taking over in upper stretch and bounding home to victory as the 1-2 favorite Aug. 21 at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- A. P. Indian Seeks Repeat in G1 Vanderbilt
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- TCA Appoints Five New Directors
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Extend Racing, Simulcasting