Questing turned in a dazzling performance Aug. 18 in the $600,000 Alabama Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course, blazing the first half-mile in :46.01 and still pulling away to take the 1 1/4-mile test by nine lengths.
Godolphin Racing's Questing earned the first grade I win of her career and gave 19-year-old jockey Irad Ortiz Jr. the same when she took the $300,000 TVG Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I) July 21 at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks