The New Year's Day card at Cheltenham Racecourse in England has been canceled after overnight rain.
Cheltenham Racecourse March 25 announced that more than £140,000 was raised for Cancer Research UK on Ladies Day at The Festival.
Sir Alex Ferguson, the manager of Manchester United soccer club, Friday asked supporters to call off their planned protest at the United Kingdom's Cheltenham Racecourse on March 18.
Cheltenham Racecourse announced Wednesday that prize money for the 2003/2004 season, starting at the end of October, will rise by 5% compared to last season.
Britain's Cheltenham Racecourse announced Friday that discussions were taking place between course officials and "all interested parties regarding the availability of dates for the rescheduled National Hunt Festival." Cheltenham further requested ticket holders to retain their tickets until the Festival dates are announced, at which time "they will then have the option of attending on the same day of the week or applying for a full refund."
Cheltenham Racecourse on Wednesday expressed "intense disappointment" over the postponement of next week's National Hunt Festival, which was due to start on Tuesday, March 13. The 2001 Festival will now take place either in the week of April 16th or the following week. An announcement about the exact dates will be made as soon as possible.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions
- Unlocking Winners: The Return of Daredevil
- Bill Would Allow Dealers at Indiana Racinos
- First Foal for Nephrite is Filly
- Local Time Continues Meydan Dominance
- Greyhound 'Cessation' Bill Sends a Warning