After several juvenile sales this year in Florida, buyers on the West Coast will get the chance to shop closer to home when Barretts conducts its select 2-year-old sale March 29 at Del Mar, the second year at that location.
Millennium Force, a daughter of Hansen, turned in the fastest furlong work of :09 4/5 at the under-tack preview for the Barretts May 2-year-old sale at Del Mar. Among those working a quarter-mile, a son of Speightstown posted :20 3/5.
- By Tracy Gantz
- Thoroughbred Racing, Thoroughbred Breeding, Breeders' Cup, Thoroughbred Sales, West Region
Mr Notorious, a French 2-year-old winner eligible for the Breeders' Cup, topped the Barretts Paddock Sale at Del Mar, selling for $200,000. The July 25 sale was held in the Del Mar paddock immediately after the day's races.
Led by a record-priced Forestry colt for $75,000, results soared across the board at the Northern California yearling and horses of racing age sale Aug. 12.
A flashy gray colt by The Pamplemousse impressed trainers and pinhookers at the Barretts Sales & Racing October yearling sale, with Bob Baffert going to $160,000 to buy the top-priced offering at the Oct. 8 sale.
Horses of racing age averaged $38,940 at the inaugural Barretts paddock sale at Del Mar in Southern California July 22.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Stormy Liberal Wins Third Straight Stakes