A standing-room-only crowd gathered at Gulfstream Park Tuesday, March 24, for a memorial service to honor Hall of Fame horseman Allen Jerkens, who died March 18 at the age of 85.
Art Sherman, who trains Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner California Chrome, and others were honored by the National Turf Writers and Broadcasters Association the evening of Oct. 29.
Art Sherman, Cot Campbell, Charlsie Cantey, and Blood-Horse's Tom LaMarra are the winners for the 55th annual awards dinner of the National Turf Writers and Broadcasters association, to be held Oct. 29 in Arcadia, Ca.
Barbara Banke, who operates Stonestreet Stables, and retired broadcaster Charlsie Cantey have been appointed to the board of trustees of the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame.
Dr. Dean Richardson and jockey Edgar Prado will be presented with the Special Award of Merit as part of this year's Preakness media awards during the annual Alibi Breakfast in the terrace dining room at Pimlico Race Course May 17, the Maryland Jockey Club announced Friday.
Retired jockey Gary Stevens has officially joined NBC Sports' broadcasting team, according to his manager, Kelly Weitsma. The Hall of Fame rider finalized a long-term deal with NBC earlier this month, and will co-host the network's horse racing coverage along with broadcasting veteran Tom Hammond.
NBC sportscaster Tom Hammond, who has worked on all 18 Breeders' Cup programs to date, will appear on Saturday's telecast from home while recovering from heart surgery.
Women in Racing excerpt for week of Sept. 8.
Del Mar Thoroughbred Club's premier event -- the $1,000,000 Pacific Classic -- once again will be televised by ESPN when it is presented for the 11th time at the shore track on Sunday, August 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity
- Supreme Court to Consider N.J. Sports Gambling Case
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Hong Kong Announces Awards Finalists
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board