Florida Gov. Charlie Crist and leaders of the Seminole Tribe of Florida said April 6 that they have agreed to a Gaming Compact for the Seminoles' seven casinos in the state.
Quarter Horses began arriving at Hialeah Park Nov. 12 and within several days they will begin training for the track's 40-day meet that will begin Nov. 28.
The Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association announced Feb. 25 that it, along with partner MaxWest Environmental Systems, has received a grant award in the amount of $2.5 million from the Florida Energy and Climate Commission for a green energy project.
About 50 members of the horse industry met in a public forum setting Oct. 29 to discuss the potential impact of a new Florida law that authorizes regulation in public and private sales.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby 'Todd Squad' Breezes at Churchill
- Madefromlucky Officially Out of KY Derby
- Prince Bishop, African Story Retired
- Shared Belief Recovering at Golden Gate
- Kitten's Point Surges Late to Claim Bewitch
- Derby Notes: Three Scheduled to Work Saturday
- Derby Jockey Walker Influenced Breeders
- Federation Continues Push for Harmonization
- Bolo Records Final Breeze for Kentucky Derby
- Stellar Wind Records Final SoCal Breeze