Preston Stables' Flat Out blew out three furlongs in :37.13 on the main track at Saratoga Sept. 2, the morning before his big start in Saturday's $750,000 Woodward Stakes (gr. I).
The longest shot on the board in a field of six, Flat Out swept by everyone at the eighth-pole and rolled through the stretch to score the $300,000 Suburban Handicap (gr. II) by 6 1/2 lengths July 2 at Belmont.
The nice thing about Flat Out's win in the Smarty Jones Stakes at Oaklawn Park Jan. 19 is the colt did not look like he was "all out." He blew by the leaders and coasted home to the second victory in his short career.
Most Popular Stories
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- Initial Win Noted for Louisiana Sire Orthodox
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- Apprentice LaRicci Tallies With First Mount
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings