Preston Stables' Flat Out blew out three furlongs in :37.13 on the main track at Saratoga Sept. 2, the morning before his big start in Saturday's $750,000 Woodward Stakes (gr. I).
The longest shot on the board in a field of six, Flat Out swept by everyone at the eighth-pole and rolled through the stretch to score the $300,000 Suburban Handicap (gr. II) by 6 1/2 lengths July 2 at Belmont.
The nice thing about Flat Out's win in the Smarty Jones Stakes at Oaklawn Park Jan. 19 is the colt did not look like he was "all out." He blew by the leaders and coasted home to the second victory in his short career.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al