Preston Stables' Flat Out blew out three furlongs in :37.13 on the main track at Saratoga Sept. 2, the morning before his big start in Saturday's $750,000 Woodward Stakes (gr. I).
The longest shot on the board in a field of six, Flat Out swept by everyone at the eighth-pole and rolled through the stretch to score the $300,000 Suburban Handicap (gr. II) by 6 1/2 lengths July 2 at Belmont.
The nice thing about Flat Out's win in the Smarty Jones Stakes at Oaklawn Park Jan. 19 is the colt did not look like he was "all out." He blew by the leaders and coasted home to the second victory in his short career.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady