Preston Stables' Flat Out blew out three furlongs in :37.13 on the main track at Saratoga Sept. 2, the morning before his big start in Saturday's $750,000 Woodward Stakes (gr. I).
The longest shot on the board in a field of six, Flat Out swept by everyone at the eighth-pole and rolled through the stretch to score the $300,000 Suburban Handicap (gr. II) by 6 1/2 lengths July 2 at Belmont.
The nice thing about Flat Out's win in the Smarty Jones Stakes at Oaklawn Park Jan. 19 is the colt did not look like he was "all out." He blew by the leaders and coasted home to the second victory in his short career.
Most Popular Stories
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby
- Call To Mind Delivers Late Birthday Gift to The Queen
- Cloud Computing to Bypass KY Derby, Point for Preakness
- Gormley Works Smartly at Santa Anita
- Twisted Tom Takes Sloppy Tesio
- Finest City, Songbird Drill Toward Spring Starts
- Trio Zips On OBS Spring Sale's Final Under Tack Day