Preston Stables' Flat Out blew out three furlongs in :37.13 on the main track at Saratoga Sept. 2, the morning before his big start in Saturday's $750,000 Woodward Stakes (gr. I).
The longest shot on the board in a field of six, Flat Out swept by everyone at the eighth-pole and rolled through the stretch to score the $300,000 Suburban Handicap (gr. II) by 6 1/2 lengths July 2 at Belmont.
The nice thing about Flat Out's win in the Smarty Jones Stakes at Oaklawn Park Jan. 19 is the colt did not look like he was "all out." He blew by the leaders and coasted home to the second victory in his short career.
Most Popular Stories
- Barretts' First Del Mar Sale Sees Increase
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- Lopez Family Faces Off at Golden Gate
- American Pharoah Jogs One Mile at Churchill
- Old Friends Cabin Creek Welcomes Be Bullish
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Miss Temple City on Schedule for Royal Ascot
- MarketWatch: McPeek on Yearling Selection