French group I winner and U.S. grade II winner Charge d'Affaires will be heading off for France for stallion duty.
Under a patient ride by jockey Jose Santos, Charge d'Affaires split horses in the stretch and bested Ladies Din in a race to the wire to win the $500,000 Citation Handicap (gr. IIT) Saturday at Hollywood Park. Native Desert closed for third. Super Quercus was fourth, and Manndar fifth.
A repeat winner of a turf handicap such as Aqueduct's $150,000 Knickerbocker (gr. IIT) Oct. 28 is not nearly as uncommon as a horse doing so with just one start in between. The intensely keen 5-year-old pulling off the feat in 1999 and 2000 was Marquesa de Moratalla's Charge d'Affaires.
Charge d'Affaires, coming off a nine-month layoff, won the $100,000 Knickerbocker Handicap (gr. IIT) at Aqueduct for the second straight year on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- 375 Yearlings Cataloged for Arqana Sale
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes