French group I winner and U.S. grade II winner Charge d'Affaires will be heading off for France for stallion duty.
Under a patient ride by jockey Jose Santos, Charge d'Affaires split horses in the stretch and bested Ladies Din in a race to the wire to win the $500,000 Citation Handicap (gr. IIT) Saturday at Hollywood Park. Native Desert closed for third. Super Quercus was fourth, and Manndar fifth.
A repeat winner of a turf handicap such as Aqueduct's $150,000 Knickerbocker (gr. IIT) Oct. 28 is not nearly as uncommon as a horse doing so with just one start in between. The intensely keen 5-year-old pulling off the feat in 1999 and 2000 was Marquesa de Moratalla's Charge d'Affaires.
Charge d'Affaires, coming off a nine-month layoff, won the $100,000 Knickerbocker Handicap (gr. IIT) at Aqueduct for the second straight year on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Hope for Distribution of PA Breeder Awards
- McCarron: Clarification