At 8:30 a.m., under Saratoga's At The Rail Pavilion, the 2nd annual backside breakfast is underway.
The Racetrack Chaplaincy of America has launched "White Horse Riders," a group of specially trained RTCA chaplains who will deploy to assist racing-related victims during disasters in areas where racing workers and racetracks are adversely affected.
Assistant starter Clinton Beck was named the Race Track Chaplaincy of America's White Horse Award recipient during the Taylor Made Sale's Agency's Nov. 2 White Horse Heroes luncheon at Churchill Downs.
Dogwood Stable is now accepting nominations for its annual Dogwood Dominion Award for an unsung hero in the Thoroughbred industry. Nominations should be received no later than June 28.
Don Dean, a Washington, D.C.-based corporate Congressional representative and Maryland Thoroughbred owner and breeder, was re-elected president of the Race Track Chaplaincy of America during the organization's National Chaplain's School and Convention Jan. 7-12 in St. Petersburg, Fla.
Hall of Fame jockey Pat Day will ride at Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie on opening night, Thursday, April 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Untapable Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Four-Day OBS Spring Sale Kicks Off April 21
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland