Chantal Sutherland-Kruse hasn't ridden on a regular basis since June 2014 but has reunited with agent Tommy Ball as she undertakes her return to race riding.
Purely Hot, a former claimer who once dared to look champion Groupie Doll in the eye, earned her first graded stakes victory and continued success for her new connections April 26 at Woodbine.
Chantal Sutherland-Kruse will make her return to Woodbine with four mounts April 12 as the curtain lifts on the Canadian track's 2014 meet.
The 2014 Canadian live Thoroughbred racing season will kick off April 12 at Woodbine with the first of 133 programs scheduled for the year.
Jockey Chantal Sutherland-Kruse, who hadn't been aboard a Standardbred in about 20 years, she piloted DW's NY Yank to a trotting-under-saddle record at The Meadows Racetrack & Casino in Pennsylvania Sept. 23.
Jockey Chantal Sutherland-Kruse,currently riding at Del Mar, will attempt to set a North American record riding a Standardbred under saddle at The Meadows Racetrack & Casino in Pennsylvania Sept. 23.
Chantal Sutherland Kruse, who in 2011 became the first female jockey to win the Santa Anita Handicap when she piloted Game on Dude to victory, will join TVG for its coverage of Big 'Cap Day March 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment