Dual classic winner and Horse of the Year finalist California Chrome had an "outstanding" workout at his home base, Los Alamitos Race Course, the morning of Jan. 10.
For Will Take Charge it was as if January to June never existed, unless you want to focus on his photo finish scores in the Rebel Stakes (gr. II) and Smarty Jones Stakes and forget about all his out-of-the-money disasters.
By a vote of 114 to 111, Animal Kingdom outpolled Caleb's Posse for an Eclipse Award as champion 3-year-old male.
- By Steve Haskin
Big Brown's championship campaign in 2008 was predominantly about his long list of accomplishments, several which were history-making and unlikely to be duplicated for a long time.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work