A share in Distorted Humor that brought $500,000 was the highlight of the Stallion Access Champagne Sale of selected seasons and shares that was held Friday evening in Fasig-Tipton's Humphrey S. Finney Sales Pavilion in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
After a year's hiatus, Stallion Access' Champagne Sale of Selected Seasons and Shares returned the evening of Aug. 9. Held at Fasig-Tipton's Humphrey S. Finney pavilion in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., the sale saw 33 of the 44 no-guarantee seasons for 2003 sell for $963,500. In addition, two stallion shares sold for $182,000. The auction, a bellwether sale for next year's stud fees, averaged $29,197.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf