A share in Distorted Humor that brought $500,000 was the highlight of the Stallion Access Champagne Sale of selected seasons and shares that was held Friday evening in Fasig-Tipton's Humphrey S. Finney Sales Pavilion in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
After a year's hiatus, Stallion Access' Champagne Sale of Selected Seasons and Shares returned the evening of Aug. 9. Held at Fasig-Tipton's Humphrey S. Finney pavilion in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., the sale saw 33 of the 44 no-guarantee seasons for 2003 sell for $963,500. In addition, two stallion shares sold for $182,000. The auction, a bellwether sale for next year's stud fees, averaged $29,197.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz