A share in Distorted Humor that brought $500,000 was the highlight of the Stallion Access Champagne Sale of selected seasons and shares that was held Friday evening in Fasig-Tipton's Humphrey S. Finney Sales Pavilion in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
After a year's hiatus, Stallion Access' Champagne Sale of Selected Seasons and Shares returned the evening of Aug. 9. Held at Fasig-Tipton's Humphrey S. Finney pavilion in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., the sale saw 33 of the 44 no-guarantee seasons for 2003 sell for $963,500. In addition, two stallion shares sold for $182,000. The auction, a bellwether sale for next year's stud fees, averaged $29,197.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications