The 2014 renewal of the Manhattan Stakes (gr. IT) June 7, a race with a strong collection of past winners, features three trainers--Shug McGaughey, Bill Mott and Christophe Clement--who have won it three times each.
Augustin Stable's Utley, winless since last April, got back on track with an off-the-pace upset score in the $400,000 Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT) at Pimlico Race Course May 17.
Canadian Horse of the Year Up With the Birds takes on highweights Hamp and Hey Leroy May 17 in the $400,000 Longines Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT) at Pimlico Race Course.
Making his second start for new owner/trainer David Jocobson, multiple grade II winner Slim Shadey looks to end a long dry spell in the $100,000 Red Bank (gr. IIIT) on the turf May 17 at Monmouth Park.
Notacatbutallama found his way back to the winner's circle for the first time since last November and added a grade to his resume in the meantime, rallying to take the $150,000 Hill Prince Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Hard Not to Like Skims Rail, Takes Gamely
- Street Story Flies to Winning Colors Win
- G. G. Ryder Swoops to All American Win
- Majestic City Strong in Lone Star Handicap
- Mulhall, Former Racing Manager, Dies at 76
- Filly First Winner for Twirling Candy
- Monmouth Reports Strong Memorial Day Weekend
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Distinctiv Passion Wires Field in Los Angeles