The 2014 renewal of the Manhattan Stakes (gr. IT) June 7, a race with a strong collection of past winners, features three trainers--Shug McGaughey, Bill Mott and Christophe Clement--who have won it three times each.
Augustin Stable's Utley, winless since last April, got back on track with an off-the-pace upset score in the $400,000 Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT) at Pimlico Race Course May 17.
Canadian Horse of the Year Up With the Birds takes on highweights Hamp and Hey Leroy May 17 in the $400,000 Longines Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT) at Pimlico Race Course.
Making his second start for new owner/trainer David Jocobson, multiple grade II winner Slim Shadey looks to end a long dry spell in the $100,000 Red Bank (gr. IIIT) on the turf May 17 at Monmouth Park.
Notacatbutallama found his way back to the winner's circle for the first time since last November and added a grade to his resume in the meantime, rallying to take the $150,000 Hill Prince Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland Simulcast Operations to Red Mile
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Powers, Billy Kelly Selected for Hall of Fame
- Goo Goo Dolls to Perform Belmont Weekend
- 1995 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Williamson Joins American Horse Council Staff
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Inglis Reports Productive Four-Day Auction
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77