Prize money for the 2016-17 Hong Kong racing season will extend to another record level while purses for two of the Hong Kong Jockey Club's three spring group I features, the Champions Mile and Chairman's Sprint Prize, will be increased.
Japanese miler Maurice and Australian sprint star Chautauqua took top honors at Sha Tin Racecourse May 1 in a rare shutout for the local team in two group I events in Hong Kong.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club kicked off its 2011 racing season Feb. 5 with impressive business numbers.
The immediate racing future of Silent Witness will be decided in the coming days after the world's leading sprinter last year finished seventh behind winner Scintillation at Sha Tin on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Cool Arrow On Target for First Spendthrift