Brereton Jones' Lovely Maria chose the right date to put in the best race of her career, tracking the early pace and surging in the stretch to win the $500,000 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) April 4 at Keeneland.
Keeneland begins its 2015 spring meet April 3 with the first two days of its 15-day stand anchored by the $1 million Toyota Blue Grass Stakes(gr. I), which moves up a week as part of a richer, re-ordered stakes calendar.
New security measures will be employed for horses participating in the $1 million Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I), Keeneland announced March 25.
Graded stakes winners Grace Hall and Summer Applause are among the 3-year-old fillies nominated to the $500,000 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland on April 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line Returns to Track at Santa Anita
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Espinoza: TC Pursuit 'Different This Time'
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Golden Eagle Partial Dispersal at Barretts
- Five Palms Making Stakes Debut in Los Angeles
- American Pharoah to Stand at Ashford Stud
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab