Keeneland officials said Zulu, second to Mohaymen in the Fountain of Youth Stakes, is among 13 3-year-olds now considered probable for the April 9 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I).
Keeneland officials said that as of April 1 eight 3-year-olds, including Claiborne Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) winner Brody's Cause, are probable for the $1 million Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) April 9.
Brereton Jones' Lovely Maria chose the right date to put in the best race of her career, tracking the early pace and surging in the stretch to win the $500,000 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) April 4 at Keeneland.
Keeneland begins its 2015 spring meet April 3 with the first two days of its 15-day stand anchored by the $1 million Toyota Blue Grass Stakes(gr. I), which moves up a week as part of a richer, re-ordered stakes calendar.
New security measures will be employed for horses participating in the $1 million Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I), Keeneland announced March 25.
Graded stakes winners Grace Hall and Summer Applause are among the 3-year-old fillies nominated to the $500,000 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland on April 7.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Grade 3 Winner Chitu Sires First Foal
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow