Hall of Fame rider Ron Turcotte, best known as the jockey for 1973 Triple Crown winner Secretariat, will serve as the honorary chairman of the 2015 "Jockeys and Jeans" fundraiser set for May 30 at Indiana Grand.
Centaur Gaming Jan. 12 said it is closing its off-track betting parlor in Merrillville, Ind., not far from the Illinois and Michgan borders, because of declines in business.
Indiana Grand Race Course will offer 120 programs of Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse racing in 2015 under a schedule approved Nov. 17 by the Indiana Horse Racing Commission.
Indiana Grand Racing & Casino has converted a 9,600-square-foot casino restaurant into an upscale off-track betting parlor that will be open year-round.
Indiana Grand Racing & Casino in Shelbyville, Ind., has earned accreditation from the NTRA Safety and Integrity Alliance, it was announced June 25.
The Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine plans to build a $10 million equine hospital in Shelbyville, Ind., not far from Indiana Downs.
Centaur Gaming and horse racing industry stakeholders have won approval for a long-term gaming revenue distribution agreement that will allow the company to refinance in 2014.
Indiana Downs, which agreed to build new barns under a deal with horsemen and the Indiana Horse Racing Commission, opened two new barns Sept. 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer Desormeaux in New York State of Mind
- Front-Running Golden Horn Rolls in Eclipse
- Irish Jasper Draws Away in Victory Ride
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia