Defending victor Wigmore Hall, recent grade II winner Forte Dei Marmi, and Woodbine Oaks heroine Irish Mission top a field of eight for the $500,000 Northern Dancer Turf Stakes Presented by Vtech at Woodbine Sept. 16.
It was jockey Luis Contreras' day at Woodbine when favored Pender Harbour got up by a nose to win the $512,764 Breeders' Stakes Aug. 7, making the rider the first to win the Canadian Triple Crown on more than one horse.
Luis Contreras will attempt to become the first jockey to win all three jewels of Canada's Triple Crown with different horses when he rides Pender Harbour in the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes on the Woodbine turf Aug. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale