Defending victor Wigmore Hall, recent grade II winner Forte Dei Marmi, and Woodbine Oaks heroine Irish Mission top a field of eight for the $500,000 Northern Dancer Turf Stakes Presented by Vtech at Woodbine Sept. 16.
It was jockey Luis Contreras' day at Woodbine when favored Pender Harbour got up by a nose to win the $512,764 Breeders' Stakes Aug. 7, making the rider the first to win the Canadian Triple Crown on more than one horse.
Luis Contreras will attempt to become the first jockey to win all three jewels of Canada's Triple Crown with different horses when he rides Pender Harbour in the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes on the Woodbine turf Aug. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- Belmont Stakes News Update for June 2
- NTRA Announces NHC Dates, Updated Rules