Joe Lucas, executive vice president for the Thoroughbred Racing Association of Oklahoma, said that more than 150 horses perished in the tornados that hit Moore and the Oklahoma City area. That count includes all breeds.
The Thoroughbred Racing Association of Oklahoma and Oklahoma Quarter Horse Racing Association have jointly announced the creation of a benevolence account for horsemen impacted by the storms.
More than 100 horses are thought to have perished in the massive tornado that hit the Moore, Okla., area May 20 in addition to the human lives that were lost in the disaster.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Suffolk Expected to Apply for 2015 Live Dates
- Undrafted Opens Season in Shakertown
- Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in South Korea
- Kobe's Back Returns East for Commonwealth
- Officials: Penalty System Key Part of Program
- Judy the Beauty Heads Busy Work Tab for Ward
- Peace and War Returns for Ashland