Joe Lucas, executive vice president for the Thoroughbred Racing Association of Oklahoma, said that more than 150 horses perished in the tornados that hit Moore and the Oklahoma City area. That count includes all breeds.
The Thoroughbred Racing Association of Oklahoma and Oklahoma Quarter Horse Racing Association have jointly announced the creation of a benevolence account for horsemen impacted by the storms.
More than 100 horses are thought to have perished in the massive tornado that hit the Moore, Okla., area May 20 in addition to the human lives that were lost in the disaster.
Most Popular Stories
- Gunnevera Draws Outside for Florida Derby
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- What's Going On Here: Beyond Imagination
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Kentucky Horse Park to Celebrate Man 'o War
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch