Being a tried-and-true Californian in the vast world of horse racing, Tiznow will always be "our" horse, the champion from central California.
by John P. Sparkman
Full sisters to 2000 Horse of the Year Tiznow and breeding to stallion Awesome Again.
Cee's Song produced four stakes winners, one an important sire, and two multiple stakes producers, each with a grade I winner to her credit.
10 questions about the Kentucky Derby and Preakness to inspire thought. read blog
Cee's Song, dam of two-time Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner and prominent Central Kentucky sire Tiznow, died April 20 from the infirmities of old age.
Darley Stud's Tizdubai stalked the pacesetting favorite Dirty Diana into the stretch before blowing past her rival to record an easy four-length triumph in the $150,000 Sorrento Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies at Del Mar Saturday.
A full sister to recently named champion older male Tiznow and a half-brother to sprint champion Squirtle Squirt were born in Kentucky.
Tiznow, whose victory in the 2001 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) for the second consecutive year placed him solidly in the running for a another Horse of the Year title, will stand at Bill Casner and Kenny Troutt's WinStar Farm near Versailles, Ky.
After a drastic downturn Monday from the comparable session one year ago, the Keeneland November Breeding Stock Sale rebounded Tuesday as the second day average and median were more closely in line with the comparable day one year ago.
Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale begins Monday, with 4,115 horses catalogued for the 11-day auction.
A full sister to Eclipse Award finalist Tiznow was foaled at John C. Harris' Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif., at 12:20 a.m. on Jan. 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Daring Dancer Wins Appalachian With Key Move
- Strait of Mewsina Sires First Foal
- European Mark Smashed Again at Tattersalls
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Broodmare of the Year Take Charge Lady
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Wicked Strong Puts in Solid Breeze at Belmont