Cee's Tizzy, sire of two-time Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner and successful sire Tiznow, has died at age 28, reports Harris Farms.
If success over the unique downhill turf course at Santa Anita Park is a precursor to success in the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT), Ambitious Brew should have some sort of advantage in the Nov. 1 race.
Being a tried-and-true Californian in the vast world of horse racing, Tiznow will always be "our" horse, the champion from central California.
Cee's Song, dam of two-time Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner and prominent Central Kentucky sire Tiznow, died April 20 from the infirmities of old age.
Cee's Tizzy, sire of two-time Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner and major sire Tiznow, has been pensioned from stallion duty at John C. Harris' Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif.
Michael Cooper, majority owner of Tiznow, said Monday the two-time Breeders' Cup Classic winner definitely will not run in the Clark Handicap at Churchill Downs Nov. 23. Cooper also said plans for Tiznow are up in the air, and no firm decision has been made whether the colt will race again next year.
California breeder-owner Cecilia Straub-Rubens, whose colt Tiznow took a major step toward Horse of the Year honors with a victory in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), died the night of Nov. 7 at a Newport Beach hospital.
Cecilia Straub-Rubens, who was at Churchill Downs for Saturday's victory by Tiznow in the Breeders' Cup Classic, died Tuesday night at Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach, Calif. Straub-Rubens, who owned Tiznow with Michael Cooper, would have been 84 years old next month. According to the Los Angeles Times, she suffered from cancer
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Belterra to Honor the late Harry Holcomb