Sarah's Secret, whose unbeaten streak ended at four when she weakened in the San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) this summer, returns to action in the $100,000 Harold Ramser Sr. Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Santa Anita turf Oct. 16.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Gilbert Campbell's homebred Watch Me Go enters Derby fray & focuses spotlight on sire West Acre, from the immediate family of Tale of the Cat and Pulpit and Johannesburg and Minardi.
Lilacs and Lace, under a vigorous ride by Russell Baze, collared front-running Cathy's Crunches past the 16th pole and drew off to a 1 1/2-length victory in the $92,000 California Oaks at Golden Gate Fields Jan. 1.
The talented Cathy's Crunches, riding a three-race win steak in Northern California stakes for trainer Jerry Hollendorfer, heads the field in the $100,000 California Oaks as the new year starts at Golden Gate.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Horse Greeley Sold to Stand in Argentina
- Espinoza Tied in World's Best Jock Standings
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified