Sarah's Secret, whose unbeaten streak ended at four when she weakened in the San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) this summer, returns to action in the $100,000 Harold Ramser Sr. Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Santa Anita turf Oct. 16.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Gilbert Campbell's homebred Watch Me Go enters Derby fray & focuses spotlight on sire West Acre, from the immediate family of Tale of the Cat and Pulpit and Johannesburg and Minardi.
Lilacs and Lace, under a vigorous ride by Russell Baze, collared front-running Cathy's Crunches past the 16th pole and drew off to a 1 1/2-length victory in the $92,000 California Oaks at Golden Gate Fields Jan. 1.
The talented Cathy's Crunches, riding a three-race win steak in Northern California stakes for trainer Jerry Hollendorfer, heads the field in the $100,000 California Oaks as the new year starts at Golden Gate.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager