Father Frank Niehaus, who served as the pastor of several parishes in his hometown of Cincinnati, Ohio, in addition to heading numerous chaplaincies, and later was a racehorse breeder and owner, died Sept. 26 at age 84.
Father Frank Niehaus, a Catholic priest who breeds and owns Thoroughbreds, knows the horses and knows his audience. On May 4, the day after the Kentucky Derby, he used racing's biggest event to reach out to his parishioners.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- Nightflower Takes Second Europa