Lady Eli blew past battling front-runners in the stretch and drew clear to victory in the $200,000 Miss Grillo Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 2-year-old fillies Sept. 28 at Belmont Park.
Martin O'Dowd is opening a new bloodstock management venture while continuing to oversee Runnymede's international breeding and racing operations under a consulting agreement, it was announced Oct. 28.
Rogue Romance will miss the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) with a fracture in his left forefoot, trainer Ken McPeek reported March 18.
Catesby W. Clay's Rogue Romance has sustained a slight heel bruise and will miss his scheduled workout this weekend as well as his intended start in the $1 million Louisiana Derby (gr. II) on March 26.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
His pedigree makes it clear that he'll handle classic distances. Will Jaycito be the first Kentucky Derby winner for octogenarian breeder Catesby Clay, dean of historic Runnymede Farm?
Catesby W. Clay of Runnymede Farm believes the Thoroughbred industry will bounce back, as it has in the past.
Favored Meribel circled the field 10 wide leaving the final turn and rallied to avenge an earlier loss to Precious Kitten and win the $125,000 Valley View (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Keeneland Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Chuck Borell Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Birdatthewire Makes Gulfstream Return