While Book One of the 2013 Keeneland September sale concluded Sept. 12, the world's largest yearling sale will continue to offer youngsters from mares who have excelled on the track and as broodmares.
Jewel Princess, a champion daughter of Key to the Mint, was purchased by Coolmore Stud's John Magnier for $4.9 million to top Monday's second session of Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale. Monday's gross receipts represented a record for any single session in Keeneland sale history as 24 horses brought final bids in excess of seven figures.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa