While Book One of the 2013 Keeneland September sale concluded Sept. 12, the world's largest yearling sale will continue to offer youngsters from mares who have excelled on the track and as broodmares.
Jewel Princess, a champion daughter of Key to the Mint, was purchased by Coolmore Stud's John Magnier for $4.9 million to top Monday's second session of Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale. Monday's gross receipts represented a record for any single session in Keeneland sale history as 24 horses brought final bids in excess of seven figures.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Equine Advocates to Honor Three at Annual Gala