While Book One of the 2013 Keeneland September sale concluded Sept. 12, the world's largest yearling sale will continue to offer youngsters from mares who have excelled on the track and as broodmares.
Jewel Princess, a champion daughter of Key to the Mint, was purchased by Coolmore Stud's John Magnier for $4.9 million to top Monday's second session of Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale. Monday's gross receipts represented a record for any single session in Keeneland sale history as 24 horses brought final bids in excess of seven figures.
Most Popular Stories
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses
- New York OKs Full Casino for Tioga Downs
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Infographic: All Time Leading Earners 2016
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Remington Revisits Reporting of Horse Weights