While Book One of the 2013 Keeneland September sale concluded Sept. 12, the world's largest yearling sale will continue to offer youngsters from mares who have excelled on the track and as broodmares.
Jewel Princess, a champion daughter of Key to the Mint, was purchased by Coolmore Stud's John Magnier for $4.9 million to top Monday's second session of Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale. Monday's gross receipts represented a record for any single session in Keeneland sale history as 24 horses brought final bids in excess of seven figures.
Most Popular Stories
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Korean-Bred Not Just a Novelty at F-T Sale
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Darley Closes Aiken Training Track Stable
- Grade II Winner Moulin de Mougin Retired
- O'Neill Sets Del Mar Record With Five Wins
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule