Grade I winner Drill will launch his stallion career in 2015 season at Get Away Farm near Lowell, Fla.
Drill remained perfect in three tries at seven furlongs when he rallied between horses in deep stretch to defeat pacesetter American Act by a half-length in the $98,000 Lazaro Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. III) May 12.
Porter on Pedigrees, by Alan Porter
Drill is part of a revival of the Danzig line through Lawyer Ron.
Rebounding from four consecutive disappointing efforts, Drill won the $150,000 San Vicente Stakes (gr. II) by a desperate nose over a determined American Act Feb. 19 at Santa Anita. Creative Cause finished third at 1-2 odds.
Cat Dancer, a winning 9-year-old daughter of Storm Cat, commanded a $1.4 million price tag as Hip No. 82 at the Fasig-Tipton November sale.
Keeneland's Horses of All Ages Sale established a new January gross sales record of $72,329,100 when the action concluded Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- California Chrome Arrives at Arlington
- Medal Count Retired to Spendthrift Farm
- Lovely Maria Returns for Delaware Oaks
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- Colt First Winner for U.S. Champ Cape Blanco
- KY Downs Sets Historical Racing Handle Record
- Ben's Cat Aims for Fourth Parx Dash Victory
- RMTC: Uniform Drug Program Has Momentum
- IHRC Report: Truesdail Missed Seven Positives