Grade I winner Drill will launch his stallion career in 2015 season at Get Away Farm near Lowell, Fla.
Drill remained perfect in three tries at seven furlongs when he rallied between horses in deep stretch to defeat pacesetter American Act by a half-length in the $98,000 Lazaro Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. III) May 12.
Porter on Pedigrees, by Alan Porter
Drill is part of a revival of the Danzig line through Lawyer Ron.
Rebounding from four consecutive disappointing efforts, Drill won the $150,000 San Vicente Stakes (gr. II) by a desperate nose over a determined American Act Feb. 19 at Santa Anita. Creative Cause finished third at 1-2 odds.
Cat Dancer, a winning 9-year-old daughter of Storm Cat, commanded a $1.4 million price tag as Hip No. 82 at the Fasig-Tipton November sale.
Keeneland's Horses of All Ages Sale established a new January gross sales record of $72,329,100 when the action concluded Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses