Grade I winner Drill will launch his stallion career in 2015 season at Get Away Farm near Lowell, Fla.
Drill remained perfect in three tries at seven furlongs when he rallied between horses in deep stretch to defeat pacesetter American Act by a half-length in the $98,000 Lazaro Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. III) May 12.
Porter on Pedigrees, by Alan Porter
Drill is part of a revival of the Danzig line through Lawyer Ron.
Rebounding from four consecutive disappointing efforts, Drill won the $150,000 San Vicente Stakes (gr. II) by a desperate nose over a determined American Act Feb. 19 at Santa Anita. Creative Cause finished third at 1-2 odds.
Cat Dancer, a winning 9-year-old daughter of Storm Cat, commanded a $1.4 million price tag as Hip No. 82 at the Fasig-Tipton November sale.
Keeneland's Horses of All Ages Sale established a new January gross sales record of $72,329,100 when the action concluded Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat Wants 'Pharoah' to Run in Travers
- Honor Code Favored in Sparkling Whitney Field
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Priority One Jets to Sponsor Forego Stakes
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- NYRA Reports Strong Handle Early at Saratoga
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Two Paths Toward Integrity