A horse was euthanized and jockey Eddie Castro suffered a bruised left shoulder during an horrific five-horse spill in the second race March 4 at Aqueduct.
Bucking the national trend of racing, Monmouth Park concluded its 2008 meeting on Sept. 28 with significant gains in daily average handle.
Mending Fences euthanized after falling in Dixie Stakes. Jockeys Eddie Castro and Robby Albarado in spill but both walk off under their own power.
Jockey Eddie Castro reached a career milestone on Wednesday at Churchill Downs when he scored his 1,000th career victory aboard 15-1shot Jermidy in the first race.
Jockey Eddie Castro was sent to Monmouth Medical Center after being unseated by his mount Stormin Gracie in a two-horse incident that occurred during the running of the eighth race at Monmouth Park on Saturday.
Jockey Eddie Castro made North American horseracing history at Calder Race Course on Saturday by winning nine races on the 13-race card, including the featured $100,000 Office Queen Stakes.
Jockey Joe Castro recorded his 2,000th career victory Friday at Golden Gate Fields when he guided Aerial Hawk to a come-from-behind victory in the third race.
Calder Race Course concluded its 32nd Tropical meet on Friday, Jan. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana