Locally-based Louies Flower, overlooked at odds of 23-1, captured the $250,000 Remington Springboard Mile to earn his third consecutive win at Remington Park Dec. 15.
Baletti took the Fort Marcy (gr. IIIT) and Dynaslew set all of the fractions to score in the Beaugay (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares in front of a crowd of 9,405 on Kentucky Derby day at Belmont Park May 1.
Diamondrella and jockey Rajiv Maragh thundered down the stretch to overpower last year's champion turf filly, Forever Together, to win the $400,000 Just a Game Stakes (gr.IT) at Belmont Park June 6.
Favored Sensation, ridden by Eibar Coa, broke open a close race coming off the turn and drew away to an easy victory over an inexperienced group of juvenile fillies Sunday in the $108,400-added Astarita (gr. III) at Belmont Park.
Argentine-bred Cacht Wells, sent off at odds of 26-1, took the lead down the stretch and held on through the drive to the wire to upset the even-money favorite Relaxed Gesture by a head in Saturday's $150,000 Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Belmont Park turf.
Castletop Stable's Three in the Bag was awarded victory in Sunday's $164,300 Plate Trial Stakes for 3-year-olds at Woodbine after the apparent winner, Dance with Ravens, was disqualified.
Most Popular Stories
- Half Sisters to Preakness Winners Race Sunday
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- Dialed In Colt Leads Louisiana Yearling Sale
- CHRB Committee Advances New Lasix Proposal
- Royal Posse Aces Evan Shipman Stakes Debut
- Horseplayers Support USADA Oversight
- NYTHA Executive Director Gallagher Retires
- Ben's Cat Still After Third Turf Monster Win
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- Ironicus Has New Challenge in Bernard Baruch