Following a record-smashing beginning to its October yearling sale last week in Newmarket, Tattersalls enjoyed strong trade on the Oct. 14 first day of its Book 2 catalog to jump start week two.
Lady Chryss O'Reilly, who operates Castlemartin Stud, was inducted into the Irish Thoroughbred Breeders' Association Hall of Fame during the organization's awards ceremony Jan. 26.
With a perfect front-running ride from Frankie Dettori, Joshua Tree repelled his challengers to win the $1.5 million Pattison Canadian International (Can-IT) for the second time in three years at Woodbine Oct. 14.
Irish-bred Joshua Tree took the lead in mid-stretch and desperately held off the late charges of Mores Wells and favored Redwood to win the $2 million Pattison Canadian International (Can-IT) Oct. 16 at Woodbine.
Chinese White went out on a high note by scoring her first group I victory in her final career start when she won the Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-I) by 1 1/4 lengths at the Curragh June 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park