Following a record-smashing beginning to its October yearling sale last week in Newmarket, Tattersalls enjoyed strong trade on the Oct. 14 first day of its Book 2 catalog to jump start week two.
Lady Chryss O'Reilly, who operates Castlemartin Stud, was inducted into the Irish Thoroughbred Breeders' Association Hall of Fame during the organization's awards ceremony Jan. 26.
With a perfect front-running ride from Frankie Dettori, Joshua Tree repelled his challengers to win the $1.5 million Pattison Canadian International (Can-IT) for the second time in three years at Woodbine Oct. 14.
Irish-bred Joshua Tree took the lead in mid-stretch and desperately held off the late charges of Mores Wells and favored Redwood to win the $2 million Pattison Canadian International (Can-IT) Oct. 16 at Woodbine.
Chinese White went out on a high note by scoring her first group I victory in her final career start when she won the Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-I) by 1 1/4 lengths at the Curragh June 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau
- Mitchell Remembered as 'Brilliant Horseman'
- Late-Running Longshots Key to Derby Super
- 2015 Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby Prep Race Results and Points