A Distorted Humor filly from the family of sterling mare Better Than Honour was purchased by Live Oak Plantation for $1 million during the Aug. 5 session of the Fasig-Tipton selected yearling sale in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Cascading, a Canadian stakes winner closely related to champion and classic winner Rags to Riches, has been retired from racing.
Desk Farms' Helen Belen, who romped by nearly 15 lengths in the Valdale Stakes last out, is one of a trio of 3-year-old fillies highweighted at 121 pounds for the $125,000 Bourbonette Oaks (gr. III) March 27 at Turfway Park.
Nancy Mazzoni's She Be Wild, winner of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) and champion 2-year-old filly from last year, makes her season debut against a dozen rivals in the $150,000 Forward Gal Stakes Jan. 31
Favored Cascading, wearing blinkers for the first time, seized the lead at the head of the stretch and held sway under a hand ride from Patrick Husbands to capture the $151,344 Glorious Song Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Woodbine Nov. 15.
Two-year-olds are again in the spotlight at Woodbine this weekend, with the Mazarine Stakes (Can-III) for fillies set for Oct. 10 and the Grey Stakes (Can-III) following a day later. The $250,000 Polytrack events are both contested at 1 1/16 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- NH House Rejects Expanded Gaming Bill Again
- Woodbine Announces 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta