After 11 months off, the 5-year-old mare was back at Calder Casino & Race Course for the same race, and this time she wired the field in the 1 1/2-mile turf race.
Favored Changing Skies pounced on Casablanca Smile in the stretch and proved a handy 3 3/4-length winner of the $100,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Calder Casino and Race Course Jan. 2.
Green Hills Farm's Chilean-bred Casablanca Smile will be among the favorites in a field of 11 fillies and mares set to launch their 2011 seasons in the $100,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIIT) Jan. 2 at Calder.
Favored Casablanca Smile could not have had an easier setup in Keeneland's $125,000 Rood and Riddle Dowager Stakes, kicking away in the stretch for a front-running seven-length romp over a firm turf course Oct. 24.
Keertana, squeezing through at the hedge, quickly separated herself from the rest of the Glens Falls Handicap field to register a 3 1/4-length win in the final stakes race of the 2010 Saratoga meet Sept. 6.
Shared Account, the 2-1 choice, finally ran down pacesetter Tizaqueena after chasing her through the stretch, posting a one-length victory in the $150,000 All Along Stakes (gr. IIIT) June 19 at Colonial Downs.
Paddy O'Prado, third-place finisher in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), drew the rail as the probable favorite for the $500,000 Colonial Turf Cup (gr. IIT) June 19 at Colonial Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Riposte Heads Solid Hillsborough Field
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones