Tony Barnard, a former trainer at Tartan Farms, died Oct. 1 in Ocala, Fla., of congestive heart failure.
Team Block's Fort Prado grabbed all the headlines at this year's Prairie State Festival when the 6-year-old gelding became the first horse to be a four-time Festival winner by capturing the $84,150 Black Tie Affair Handicap for the third straight year.
Hawthorne's leading jockey Chris Emigh entered Saturday's Phil Georgeff Festival of Racing named to ride the morning-line favorite in all six stakes events, with Christine Janks slated to saddle four of them. Emigh didn't disappoint, capturing three stakes races, two for Janks, moving within one victory of 2,500 for his career.
Magna Entertainment Corp. and Caruso Affiliated announced Sept. 28 they have completed operating agreements for the proposed development of approximately 51 acres of undeveloped lands surrounding Santa Anita Park.
- By Jack Shinar
A California developer revealed plans Thursday to build residential and retail centers at Magna Entertainment Corp.'s two California tracks, Santa Anita Park and Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm