Tony Barnard, a former trainer at Tartan Farms, died Oct. 1 in Ocala, Fla., of congestive heart failure.
Team Block's Fort Prado grabbed all the headlines at this year's Prairie State Festival when the 6-year-old gelding became the first horse to be a four-time Festival winner by capturing the $84,150 Black Tie Affair Handicap for the third straight year.
Hawthorne's leading jockey Chris Emigh entered Saturday's Phil Georgeff Festival of Racing named to ride the morning-line favorite in all six stakes events, with Christine Janks slated to saddle four of them. Emigh didn't disappoint, capturing three stakes races, two for Janks, moving within one victory of 2,500 for his career.
Magna Entertainment Corp. and Caruso Affiliated announced Sept. 28 they have completed operating agreements for the proposed development of approximately 51 acres of undeveloped lands surrounding Santa Anita Park.
- By Jack Shinar
A California developer revealed plans Thursday to build residential and retail centers at Magna Entertainment Corp.'s two California tracks, Santa Anita Park and Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill