Tony Barnard, a former trainer at Tartan Farms, died Oct. 1 in Ocala, Fla., of congestive heart failure.
Team Block's Fort Prado grabbed all the headlines at this year's Prairie State Festival when the 6-year-old gelding became the first horse to be a four-time Festival winner by capturing the $84,150 Black Tie Affair Handicap for the third straight year.
Hawthorne's leading jockey Chris Emigh entered Saturday's Phil Georgeff Festival of Racing named to ride the morning-line favorite in all six stakes events, with Christine Janks slated to saddle four of them. Emigh didn't disappoint, capturing three stakes races, two for Janks, moving within one victory of 2,500 for his career.
Magna Entertainment Corp. and Caruso Affiliated announced Sept. 28 they have completed operating agreements for the proposed development of approximately 51 acres of undeveloped lands surrounding Santa Anita Park.
A California developer revealed plans Thursday to build residential and retail centers at Magna Entertainment Corp.'s two California tracks, Santa Anita Park and Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- NYRA Outlines Belmont Traffic-Flow Plan
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Trainer Baffert, on American Pharoah's Breeze
- Hard Not to Like Skims Rail, Takes Gamely
- Street Story Flies to Winning Colors Win
- Majestic City Strong in Lone Star Handicap
- G. G. Ryder Swoops to All American Win
- Mulhall, Former Racing Manager, Dies at 76