Tony Barnard, a former trainer at Tartan Farms, died Oct. 1 in Ocala, Fla., of congestive heart failure.
Team Block's Fort Prado grabbed all the headlines at this year's Prairie State Festival when the 6-year-old gelding became the first horse to be a four-time Festival winner by capturing the $84,150 Black Tie Affair Handicap for the third straight year.
Hawthorne's leading jockey Chris Emigh entered Saturday's Phil Georgeff Festival of Racing named to ride the morning-line favorite in all six stakes events, with Christine Janks slated to saddle four of them. Emigh didn't disappoint, capturing three stakes races, two for Janks, moving within one victory of 2,500 for his career.
Magna Entertainment Corp. and Caruso Affiliated announced Sept. 28 they have completed operating agreements for the proposed development of approximately 51 acres of undeveloped lands surrounding Santa Anita Park.
- By Jack Shinar
A California developer revealed plans Thursday to build residential and retail centers at Magna Entertainment Corp.'s two California tracks, Santa Anita Park and Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Stahlbaum Wins Avelino Gomez Award
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York