Pick of the Litter benefited from a ground-saving trip under Corey Lanerie to get up in the last strides over favored Departing in the $200,000 Fayette Stakes (gr. II), earning his first graded win Oct. 25 at Keeneland.
Trainer Marcus Vitali got what he was looking for in the $75,000 Eight Miles West Stakes Oct. 11 at Gulfstream Park West -- a sign that Valid deserved a trip to Santa Anita Park for the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I).
Following the conclusion of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training, president Boyd Browning said he was pleased that in spite of the fact there were 69 more horses sold this year the average was down 1.3%.
Not long after a $600,000 Indian Charlie colt became the new sale topper during the auction's second session, another colt by that sire was hammered down for half that amount.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- IHRC Report: Truesdail Missed Seven Positives
- California Chrome Arrives at Arlington
- Medal Count Retired to Spendthrift Farm
- Lovely Maria Returns for Delaware Oaks
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- WTBOA Summer Sale Catalog Available Online
- Colt First Winner for U.S. Champ Cape Blanco
- KY Downs Sets Historical Racing Handle Record
- Ben's Cat Aims for Fourth Parx Dash Victory