Carol Nyren's Dry Martini, a two-time graded stakes winner last season, broke into the 2008 win column in a big way Nov. 15, as the 5-year-old went from last-to-first en route to a convincing length victory in the $110,500 Stuyvesant Handicap (gr. III) in the slop at Aqueduct.
Carol and George Nyren's Dry Martini showed plenty of determination while coming from well off the pace under jockey Elvis Trujillo to win the $300,000 Cornhusker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Prairie Meadows Saturday night.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies