Rules governing exchange wagering gained initial approval from the California Horse Racing Board at its meeting Sept. 20, more than a year after the commission had announced its intention to promulgate them.
Lower thresholds for the pain reliever phenylbutazone, commonly known as Bute, in post-race tests of horses could be on the way in California in spite of objections from horsemen.
Alan F. Balch has been named executive director of the California Thoroughbred Trainers by the board of directors.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby