Filly Living The Life keeps forcing her connections to find new challenges for her, which puts a smile on the faces of owner Hank Nothhaft and trainer Gary Mandella.
Darby Dan Farm has hired Carl McEntee as director of sales and bloodstock at the Lexington-based facility.
Silver Train, a two-time grade I winner including the 2005 Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), died from colic Dec. 29 while shuttling to the United States from Brazil, Northview Stallion Station reported Dec. 30.
The Pennsylvania Senate May 10 approved a $27.6 billion state budget that restores almost $70 million that would have been cut from the slot machine-supported Race Horse Development Fund.
TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner Silver Train will shuttle to Siquiera and Mercadante in Parana, Brazil, for the 2012 Southern Hemisphere breeding season.
The Northview Stallion Station division in Pennsylvania will conduct a stallion showing from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Jan. 29 at the facility in Peach Bottom, Pa.
Silver Train, winner of the 2005 TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) and a leading second-crop sire, will relocate to Northview Stallion Station's Pennsylvanian division near Peach Bottom.
Carl McEntee is named director of bloodstock services for Northview Stallion Station in Maryland and Pennsylvania.
Champion and dual classic winner Smarty Jones will shuttle to Uruguay for the 2011 Southern Hemisphere season.
Smarty Jones, whose wins in the 2004 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) while unbeaten catapulted him to celebrity status, is coming home.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again