Rudy Rodriguez and Carl Lizza Racing Stable's Uno Emayo won the first race at Belmont Park July 11 and became the first winner for multiple grade II winner and young New York stallion D' Funnybone.
Salty Romance, a stakes-winning daughter of Salt Lake, was purchased by Carlos Martin, agent for Blue Devil Racing Stable, for $260,000 to top the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed sale.
A Lemon Drop Kid filly brought the top price of $375,000 during phase I of the dispersal of the late Carl Lizza Jr.'s Flying Zee Stable Oct. 26 at Fasig-Tipton's Newtown Paddocks complex in Lexington.
The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale's reputation has improved dramatically in recent years.
Grade I winner Millennium Wind, a half-brother to Horse of the Year Charismatic, will stand the 2006 season at Joe Bartone and Carl Lizza Jr.'s Highcliff Farm near Delanson, N.Y
Triocala, a popular New York runner from the early 1980s, was euthanized Aug. 5 at Joe Bartone and Carl Lizza Jr.'s Highcliff Farm near Delanson, N.Y., because of congestive heart failure.
Stanislavsky, who was twice graded stakes-placed in New York, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Carl Lizza Jr.'s and Joseph Bartone's Highcliff Farm near Delanson, N.Y.
Grade II winner Limit Out will stand the 2004 breeding season at Carl Lizza Jr. and Joe Bartone's Highcliff Farm near Delanson, N.Y., as property of a partnership.
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Loss Can't Derail Pharoah Phenomenon
- Island Town Crushes Smarty Jones Field
- Private Zone Speeds to Forego Victory
- Australian Trainer Bart Cummings Dies at 87
- Sheer Drama Plays Spoiler in Personal Ensign
- Flintshire Flies Away From Sword Dancer Foes
- Unbridled Forever Rolls to First Grade I Win
- Chilean Invader Dacita Takes Ballston Spa