Bill Carl, who owned Old Colony Insurance in Lexington, died the afternoon of Jan. 12.
The first winner by grade I winner Friends Lake won June 4 at Churchill Downs.
Shaniko, a grade II track-record setter by A.P. Indy, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Ro Parra's Millennium Farms Kentucky near Lexington.
Edgar Prado had Galloping Gal rolling late and she just got up in the final strides to beat Gingham and Lace and Jerry Bailey in the Edgewood Stakes, the first added-money event on the Kentucky Oaks day undercard at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience