Bill Carl, who owned Old Colony Insurance in Lexington, died the afternoon of Jan. 12.
The first winner by grade I winner Friends Lake won June 4 at Churchill Downs.
Shaniko, a grade II track-record setter by A.P. Indy, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Ro Parra's Millennium Farms Kentucky near Lexington.
Edgar Prado had Galloping Gal rolling late and she just got up in the final strides to beat Gingham and Lace and Jerry Bailey in the Edgewood Stakes, the first added-money event on the Kentucky Oaks day undercard at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap