An affiliate of the China Horse Club has signed an agreement with the government of Saint Lucia to develop a $2.6 billion resort and lifestyle complex on the Caribbean island, including a racetrack.
Ramiro Restrepo is opening doors for Fasig-Tipton with horsemen in the Caribbean and South America.
The salty 8-year-old gelding Runaway Dancer goes after his second win in the $100,000-added Carleton F. Burke Handicap (gr. IIIT) when he tackles nine rivals at Oak Tree's Santa Anita meeting at 1 1/2 miles on the turf Oct. 28.
Swaps Stakes (gr. II) victor Arson Squad and San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) winner A.P. Warrior both try the grass for the first time in Saturday's $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds at Del Mar.
Legislation to authorize gaming through the El Comandante Racetrack and Off-Track Betting Agency system in Puerto Rico has been approved by the government, said Equus Gaming Co., a partnership with Thoroughbred and entertainment interests in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Five countries will join forces on Dec. 7 and 8 for the Caribbean Series 2002. Horses and trainers from Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Puerto Rico, and Venezuela will converge at El Comandante Racetrack for four races featuring horses from each country.
Most Popular Stories
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares