An affiliate of the China Horse Club has signed an agreement with the government of Saint Lucia to develop a $2.6 billion resort and lifestyle complex on the Caribbean island, including a racetrack.
Ramiro Restrepo is opening doors for Fasig-Tipton with horsemen in the Caribbean and South America.
The salty 8-year-old gelding Runaway Dancer goes after his second win in the $100,000-added Carleton F. Burke Handicap (gr. IIIT) when he tackles nine rivals at Oak Tree's Santa Anita meeting at 1 1/2 miles on the turf Oct. 28.
Swaps Stakes (gr. II) victor Arson Squad and San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) winner A.P. Warrior both try the grass for the first time in Saturday's $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds at Del Mar.
Legislation to authorize gaming through the El Comandante Racetrack and Off-Track Betting Agency system in Puerto Rico has been approved by the government, said Equus Gaming Co., a partnership with Thoroughbred and entertainment interests in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Five countries will join forces on Dec. 7 and 8 for the Caribbean Series 2002. Horses and trainers from Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Puerto Rico, and Venezuela will converge at El Comandante Racetrack for four races featuring horses from each country.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Runhappy in Final Drill for Return
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes