The salty 8-year-old gelding Runaway Dancer goes after his second win in the $100,000-added Carleton F. Burke Handicap (gr. IIIT) when he tackles nine rivals at Oak Tree's Santa Anita meeting at 1 1/2 miles on the turf Oct. 28.
Swaps Stakes (gr. II) victor Arson Squad and San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) winner A.P. Warrior both try the grass for the first time in Saturday's $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds at Del Mar.
Legislation to authorize gaming through the El Comandante Racetrack and Off-Track Betting Agency system in Puerto Rico has been approved by the government, said Equus Gaming Co., a partnership with Thoroughbred and entertainment interests in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Five countries will join forces on Dec. 7 and 8 for the Caribbean Series 2002. Horses and trainers from Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Puerto Rico, and Venezuela will converge at El Comandante Racetrack for four races featuring horses from each country.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound
- NJ Casino Simulcast Bill Signed Into Law
- Churchill Releases First Quarter Earnings
- Lenny's Place: Kentucky Derby Edition