The Kentucky Court of Appeals has overturned Dr. Rod Stewart's four-year suspension for possession of cobra venom, stating that the regulation under which the veterinarian was disciplined was vague.
- By Esther Marr
Following the announcement of the five-year suspension of veterinarian Dr. Rod Stewart for violations of the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority's medication regulations, the organization has scheduled a stewards' hearing in the ongoing investigation of trainer Patrick Biancone, who was found to be in possession of cobra venom and two other prohibited substances.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Dodd's Tiznow Colt Attracting Attention at OBS
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey