Southern California trainer Robertino Diodoro agreed to a pay a $2,500 fine July 6 after a horse in his care tested positive for the prohibited adjunct bleeder medication carbazochrome, also known as "Kentucky Red."
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission has reached a settlement with R. Gary Patrick in which the prominent Indiana Downs trainer will be suspended and fined for use of carbazochrome.
While in recent years horse racing has made strides toward drug reform and uniform medication rules, one only need look at its biggest series, the Triple Crown, to see a lack of consistency.
Most Popular Stories
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- Renamed First Winner for Everyday Heroes
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Top Sprinter Secret Circle Retired to Stud
- First Winner Lands for Sire General Quarters
- Top Sanford Runners Meet Again in Hopeful
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Boden Takes on Key Positions at Calumet Farm
- Former Derby Museum Resident Au Moon Dies
- Stronach Group Still Interested in Suffolk