Uncaptured, Canada's Horse of the Year of 2012 as a juvenile, will stand at J. Michael O'Farrell Jr.'s Ocala Stud in Florida.
John Oxley's Uncaptured, Canada's champion 2-year-old male and Horse of the Year in 2012, has been retired. Trained by Mark Casse, the 4-year-old son of Lion Heart won 7 of 18 starts, earned $1,065,147.
The two favorites in Nov. 24 Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes (gr. II) ran to their odds, engaging in a thrilling stretch duel at Churchill Downs before Uncaptured prevailed by a head over Frac Daddy.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Uncaptured was a multiple stakes winner on the Polytrack at Woodbine, but his Iroquois performance suggested he might be even better on dirt.
Uncaptured overcame some traffic problems to register a convincing 5 1/2-length win in the $114,800 Iroquois Stakes (gr. III) Oct. 28 at Churchill Downs for his fifth win in six tries this year.
Uncaptured remained unbeaten in four starts as a 2-year-old with a smart 3 1/4-length victory over three opponents in the $172,565 Swynford Stakes Sept. 9 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Fasig-Tipton October Catalog Available
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions