The two favorites in Nov. 24 Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes (gr. II) ran to their odds, engaging in a thrilling stretch duel at Churchill Downs before Uncaptured prevailed by a head over Frac Daddy.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Uncaptured was a multiple stakes winner on the Polytrack at Woodbine, but his Iroquois performance suggested he might be even better on dirt.
Uncaptured overcame some traffic problems to register a convincing 5 1/2-length win in the $114,800 Iroquois Stakes (gr. III) Oct. 28 at Churchill Downs for his fifth win in six tries this year.
Uncaptured remained unbeaten in four starts as a 2-year-old with a smart 3 1/4-length victory over three opponents in the $172,565 Swynford Stakes Sept. 9 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Daring Dancer Wins Appalachian With Key Move
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Strait of Mewsina Sires First Foal
- European Mark Smashed Again at Tattersalls
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Broodmare of the Year Take Charge Lady