If America is going to finally crack the Tapeta blockade that has prevented it from having a single horse finish in the money in the three Dubai World Cups run at Meydan, this will be the year.
Animal Kingdom, winner of the 2011 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), drew post 12 of 13 when the field was drawn March 27 for the $10 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) at Meydan March 30.
Led by last year's winner Monterosso, 272 horses from 15 countries have been nominated to the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I), the world's richest Thoroughbred race with a purse of $10 million.
Monterosso took command in mid-stretch and powered home to easily win the $10 million Dubai World Cup Sponsored by Emirates Airline (UAE-I) in a sweep for Godolphin at Meydan Racecourse March 31.
A full field of 14 will go to the post in the $10 million Dubai World Cup Sponsored by Emirates Airline (UAE-I) at Meydan Racecourse March 31.
At least 48 grade/group I winners and more than 20 champions or classic winners are expected to meet in what will be the world's richest day of racing, the $27 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) program at Meydan March 31.
Capponi outclassed his 13 rivals to cruise home an easy winner of the Al Maktoum Challenge-Round 3 Sponsored by Emirates (UAE-I) at Meydan Racecourse March 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule
- What's Going On Here: Truly Charismatic
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory