Bob Baffert's lightly-raced homebred Misremembered, two-for-two on Hollywood Park's Cushion Track, presents an intriguing possibility in the $100,000 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) June 20. The 1 1/16-mile test for 3-year-olds includes no heavyweights.
A Texas native, Steve Asmussen is the all-time leading trainer at Lone Star Park, but he has never captured the racetrack's signature event for 3-year-olds, the Lone Star Derby (gr. III). On May 9, Asmussen will have his best chance when he sends out three of the seven starters in the $400,000 contest.
Morning line favorite The Pamplemousse was scratched from the Santa Anita Derby early on the morning of the race by trainer Julio Canani after a state veterinarian check turned up a possible physical problem that needed further examination.
Trainer Julio Canani says The Pamplemousse doesn't need the lead to win the $750,000 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) April 4. After a couple of interesting developments when entries were taken, that theory could be put to the test.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House