Ironicus, record-setting winner of the Sept. 7 Bernard Baruch Handicap (gr. IIT), is at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington to repair a minor fracture in the cannon bone of his right foreleg.
- By Frank Angst
Just days before it was reported July 12 that California Chrome would miss at least three months of racing because of a cannon bone bruise, Larry Bramlage talked about that type of injury at the Welfare. read blog
The Japan Bloodhorse Breeders' Association has confirmed that 2009 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Summer Bird died Dec. 23 in Japan due to colic.
Jockey Teri Hunter will be sidelined several months with a broken collarbone, three broken ribs, and a punctured lung following a Dec. 13 spill at Calder Race Course.
Second of June, a game runner-up in Saturday's Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II) suffered a condylar fracture of the cannon bone, and was scheduled to undergo Sunday afternoon surgery at Dr. Stephen Selway's clinic near Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz