Life At Ten, the star-crossed multiple grade I winner whose career will likely be best remembered for a race she did not win, has been retired following a last-place finish in the $350,000 Beldame Stakes (gr. I).
It is unlikely that an investigation into Life At Ten's participation in the Breeders' Cup Ladies Classic (gr. I) will be completed in time for a report to the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission at its next meeting.
Life At Ten's connections wonder why she wasn't scratched or tested. By Eric Mitchell Read Blog
In the latest salvo in the imbroglio over the Nov. 5 Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I), the owner of Life At Ten says the filly should have been scratched prior to the race at Churchill Downs.
Led by Quality Road, Breeders' Cup World Championship contenders from the barn of trainer Todd Pletcher were hard at work at Belmont Park over the weekend.
Life At Ten, who was beaten soundly by Persistently and the recently retired Rachel Alexandra last out, rebounded convincingly in the $350,000 Beldame Stakes (gr. I), romping to an easy victory Oct. 2 at Belmont Park.
Life At Life At Ten, who had a six-race win streak stopped in the Personal Ensign Stakes (gr. I) in her last start, will take on the Personal Ensign winner and four other rivals in the Beldame Stakes Oct. 2.
Todd Pletcher worked a number of Breeders' Cup hopefuls Sept. 25 at Belmont Park. Devil May Care and Life At Ten may both race next Oct. 2.
For Life At Ten, it's been a long, eventful journey to the Personal Ensign
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot