The New York Racing Association has designated Friday, Aug. 17, as "Fabulous Fillies Day" at Saratoga Race Course and activities throughout the day will help support the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Churchill Downs Racetrack announced that Stand Up To Cancer ("SU2C") will be the beneficiary of a fund-raising effort conducted as part of the 138th running of the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) on Friday, May 4.
The question "What's in a name?" may have first been pondered by William Shakespeare, but Chuck Zacney, a partner in the Philadelphia-area Cash is King Stable, must have wondered the same thing when he first read the story of Alexandra "Alex" Scott.
Touched by the recent stories of the late Alex Scott and her Alex's Lemonade Stand, Ernie Paragallo of North Mass, New York and a part owner of the Kentucky-based stallion Unbridled's Song is contributing $62,500 to Alex's Lemonade Stand and $62,500 to the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation based in New Canaan, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Fair Grounds in the Spotlight
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Tapits Dominate Fasig-Tipton Pinhook Prospects
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award