The New York Racing Association has designated Friday, Aug. 17, as "Fabulous Fillies Day" at Saratoga Race Course and activities throughout the day will help support the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Churchill Downs Racetrack announced that Stand Up To Cancer ("SU2C") will be the beneficiary of a fund-raising effort conducted as part of the 138th running of the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) on Friday, May 4.
The question "What's in a name?" may have first been pondered by William Shakespeare, but Chuck Zacney, a partner in the Philadelphia-area Cash is King Stable, must have wondered the same thing when he first read the story of Alexandra "Alex" Scott.
Touched by the recent stories of the late Alex Scott and her Alex's Lemonade Stand, Ernie Paragallo of North Mass, New York and a part owner of the Kentucky-based stallion Unbridled's Song is contributing $62,500 to Alex's Lemonade Stand and $62,500 to the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation based in New Canaan, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field