Penn National Race Course and Beulah Park have canceled their Wednesday, Feb. 19 cards because of weather and track conditions.
With wind chill temperatures in the single digits forecast for the evening racing hours, Turfway Park has canceled live racing for Friday, Feb. 1.
The New York Racing Association has moved the Pilgrim and Miss Grillo Stakes, a pair of juvenile stakes races scheduled for the turf, to the Oct. 8 card due to weather concerns.
Due to high winds and continued snowfall in the Mid-Atlantic region, Aqueduct, Hollywood Casino at Penn National Racecourse, and Charles Town Races & Slots have canceled their live racing cards for Thursday, Feb. 11.
Live racing at Aqueduct Race Track was cancelled after the second race Nov. 15 due to unsatisfactory track conditions, although the facility remained open for simulcasting.
Fair Grounds Race Course canceled its live racing program Dec. 21 because of poor track conditions.
The cold winter temperatures that have hit the Northeast have forced Aqueduct to cancel racing for Friday. The track will be open Saturday with a $761,021 Pick Six carryover.
Fair Grounds canceled racing for today because of heavy rains that have hit the New Orleans area.
Charles Town has canceled live racing for Saturday due to extremely cold temperatures. The temperature in Charles Town, W. Va. was 25 degrees at just before 5:00 p.m. (EST), with temperatures expected to drop prior to the scheduled first post time of 7:15 p.m.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab