Two-time U.S. Horse of the Year Wise Dan and seven-time Sovereign Award-winning trainer Mark Casse are among the 15 Thoroughbred candidates on the ballot for the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame.
Russell Baze, racing's winningest jockey, tops a list of 15 horse people and Thoroughbreds nominated for election to the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame's class of 2012.
The late Tammy Samuel-Balaz, who took charge of Sam-Son Farm following the death of her father, Ernie Samuel, in 2000, has joined her dad in the Canadian Horse Racing Hall Fame.
Victory Gallop, a Canadian-bred winner of the 1998 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), is one of five 2010 Thoroughbred inductees in the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame.
Robert Tiller, Louis Cauz, Wilderness Road, and Smart Strike are inducted into the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame Aug. 28.
A total of 22 nominees have been put forward by the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame's Thoroughbred and Standardbred Nominating Committees. The nominees consist of six Thoroughbred horses, four Standardbreds and 12 people.
Magna Entertainment chairman Frank Stronach, former top jockey Ted Atkinson, trainer Mac Benson, and two-time Horse of the Year Chief Bearhart will be inducted into the Canadian Hall of Fame Aug. 29.
Frank Stronach, one of North America's most influential people in the Thoroughbred racing industry, and Sam-Son Farm's Chief Bearhart, winner of the $2 million Breeders' Cup Turf in 1997, head a list of six candidates for nomination into Canada's Horse Racing Hall of Fame.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Drefong's Win a Boost for Machmer Hall
- Tepin Fires Bullet on Oklahoma Training Track
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Monmouth Gets Donation, Alters Shipper Policy
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Stryker Phd Star of Washington Cup Day
- Belvoir Bay Makes the Grade in Torrey Pines