Jay Adcock's Red River Farms in Coushatta, La., has added three new stallions in 2015 in Guilt Trip, Cameo Appearance, and Sum of the Parts.
Broadway Empire, a Turf Paradise-based gelding who shipped to Oklahoma after back-to-back wins in Alberta, Canada, grabbed the early lead and never looked back en route to victory in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington.
Six stakes races on the Sept. 29 Remington Park card are led by the Oklahoma Derby (gr. III) and Remington Park Oaks. Departing seeks a fourth derby victory and Marathon Lady her first stakes score in the Oaks.
There's no doubt Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider's 3-year-old Departing is a talented runner, and he reinforced that point Sept. 7 by winning the $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II) by four lengths at Louisiana Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Strangles Leads to ThistleDown Quarantine
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Beam Appointed to Ohio Fund Advisory Panel