Jay Adcock's Red River Farms in Coushatta, La., has added three new stallions in 2015 in Guilt Trip, Cameo Appearance, and Sum of the Parts.
Broadway Empire, a Turf Paradise-based gelding who shipped to Oklahoma after back-to-back wins in Alberta, Canada, grabbed the early lead and never looked back en route to victory in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington.
Six stakes races on the Sept. 29 Remington Park card are led by the Oklahoma Derby (gr. III) and Remington Park Oaks. Departing seeks a fourth derby victory and Marathon Lady her first stakes score in the Oaks.
There's no doubt Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider's 3-year-old Departing is a talented runner, and he reinforced that point Sept. 7 by winning the $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II) by four lengths at Louisiana Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance