Jay Adcock's Red River Farms in Coushatta, La., has added three new stallions in 2015 in Guilt Trip, Cameo Appearance, and Sum of the Parts.
Broadway Empire, a Turf Paradise-based gelding who shipped to Oklahoma after back-to-back wins in Alberta, Canada, grabbed the early lead and never looked back en route to victory in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington.
Six stakes races on the Sept. 29 Remington Park card are led by the Oklahoma Derby (gr. III) and Remington Park Oaks. Departing seeks a fourth derby victory and Marathon Lady her first stakes score in the Oaks.
There's no doubt Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider's 3-year-old Departing is a talented runner, and he reinforced that point Sept. 7 by winning the $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II) by four lengths at Louisiana Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- O'Neill Sets Del Mar Record With Five Wins
- Grade II Winner Moulin de Mougin Retired
- Top West Coast Mares Ready for Clement Hirsch
- Darley Closes Aiken Training Track Stable
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- March Into Amsterdam Off Two Stakes Victories
- Quick Arrest Following Delaware Park Shooting
- Record Derby Week Keys Strong CDI Performance